£133.68 - Procrastination is the Thief of Time

27/10/2022

If there is one thing that I am guilty of then it's definitely procrastination! Now, having previously mentioned that you need to start with small stakes and then gradually build up as your confidence increases .... well, it can take me bloody ages to get to a stage where I'm playing with decent stakes in order to make a decent profit.


My risk adverse nature always holds me back in this area and it's still something that I struggle with ... even today. Instead of realising the potential I procrastinate over entering the market or raising my stakes, it's fucking stupid tbh.

October 15th - 21st



The problem that I find with increasing your stakes is that the overriding fear is that it's now easily possible to wipe-out a few days profit in just one single bad trade. I still let this fear prevent me from realising the full potential of what is available.



Looking back, I now realise that I could, and should, have been making profits of at least £10k+ per month back in the good old days but my complacency and fear of losing held me back. It's quite frustrating really.


Tip 2

Make sure that you have a suitable trading environment. This means having a nice quiet place where you can trade without any distractions. Quite often in the past when trading from home I've been distracted by screaming kids, a nagging wife, barking dogs or just plain wandering off into the internet between races. It's amazing just how many times I done my bollox when this happened!

Additionally, you also need to have your PC and screens setup in a user-friendly way along with your trading software, I use Geeks Toy. Ideally you also need to have a nice clear full screen picture of the racing so that you're not struggling to see things as they unfold.

Basically, when you sit down to work you want to ensure that you are in a nice environment and that your setup is tailored to how you want to trade.


Mine has changed slightly since I took this old pic (I no longer sit under a parasol that's actually inside of my conservatory 😂) so I need to take a new one and hopefully I won't be looking so fucking smug .... not too sure what happened there!


No comments:

Post a Comment