Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Shit or Bust/Man or Mouse?


01/06

+£43.92. It's that time of year where I really need to start earning some decent cash. Unless I grow a pair of bollox I'll just gradually go skint.

Now that the Summer has arrived I'll be spending some time down at the coast cycling and getting pissed so I need some extra funds. Unfortunately earning £50 a day is not going to get me very far!




02/06

+£43.80. Didn't have a losing race today but won fuck all!



03/06

+£26.49. And I thought that yesterday was bad!




04/06

+£31.42. Not much to say about today ...




05/06

-£8.42. Made a balls-up early doors and spent all day chipping away to recover the losses ...




Really need to string a few £100+ days together to get some momentum going!


06/06

+£49.95. Spent most of the day screaming and swearing at the markets/TV/jockeys, etc. Just couldn't seem to see any opportunities and didn't even break the £50 barrier.





07/06

+£2.87. Thought that I'd have another day of general screaming and shouting ....



I've decided that tomorrow (Saturday) I will ONLY trade pre-race and see what damage I can inflict upon my P&L.


08/06

+£1.99. Well an interesting day of pure pre-race trading which felt quite refreshing and was only let down by the fact that I only won £1.99. I felt that quite a few races were perfect for scalping (after the event) so I would imagine that Caan has hit quite an impressive figure today as I know that scalping late on is one of his strong points.





It was quite different concentrating entirely on the pre-race side of things and nearly every time that I made a mistake I recognised almost immediately what I had done wrong. I really need to get my pre-race game up to speed so I might have another pre-race day tomorrow and see if I can make any progress. My staking today was £20 and £50 depending upon the price range so tomorrow I will go for £20, £50 and £100.


09/06

+£40.20. A day of mediocre racing brought an equally mediocre return ...







10/06

+£18.54. Another dismal day ...




11/06

+£0.28. Today was a day that saw me wanting to punch something! Everything I traded early doors went tits-up. I was left in that state where I was looking at a market and just didn't have a clue what to expect or what action to take. I almost gave up at one point in the day and felt like I should just turn the PC off and watch the TV instead. However, I cracked on and actually traded the last dog race at Newcastle to get myself back into profit!






12/06

+£121.60. Had a much better day today and felt a lot more relaxed. Did make a few balls-ups pre-race but noticed where I had made the mistakes so I'm feeling a lot more confident with my pre-race trading. Might up my stakes slightly from tomorrow and see how things progress.



I'm also going to make an effort to try and record all of my pre-race trading so that I can review these in the evening/next morning to see what I do well and where I go wrong.


13/06

+£52.82. Really enjoyed todays trading. Did get caught out on one race where I layed £150+ on a last minute mover expecting the price to bounce. Unfortunately my timing was all wrong as the horses were about to go into the stalls and I had to bail-out for a £20+ red to avoid going in-play. I was maybe a bit hasty as there were still a few runners to go in and as soon as I took the red the price did in fact move well in my favour, so maybe if I had been a bit calmer I could have taken a nice green instead of the red. Apart from this I traded really well and my confidence is quite high.






The only opportunity I did miss is when someone made a massive rick in a late race in Ireland and there was £7000 matched at 1.01 on a runner that was clearly out of the frame (apparently they may have mistook the position of the winning post?). These are the sort of things where in the old days I could have easily taken at least a monkey and maybe even over a grand of that misplaced cash.


14/06

+£41.27. Had another enjoyable day today and I'm really starting to feel that I'm getting to grips with the pre-race markets. didn't post a big score with regards to profits but confidence is high and hopeful of a good Saturday (tomorrow).





15/06

+£240.29. Probably the best day that I've had this year. Had a couple of nice IR winning bets but once again felt super comfident pre-race and it's only a matter of time now before I start getting some profits along the lines of Caan from TFF who is smashing it to bits!






16/06

+£33.50. Jumped on the scales this morning and noticed that my weight has crept back up to 94.2kg. So I'm going to smash the diet for a couple of weeks along with a bit of training and get myself back down to sub 89kg by the end of June, hopefully in time for the nice sunny weather that we're due in July?




I found the pre-race markets very unpredictable today, especially after the good meetings and liquidity of yesterday, so played very cautiously.















6 comments:

  1. Been eagerly awaiting your new posts. Just to confirm this is a report of what you achieved last year?

    Regards,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TraderDave, i'm a newbie horse racing trader and would like to know if you're interested in exchanging blog links?

    Congratulations on your results, hope to get to your level someday.

    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Concept to Help Dieters LOSE 20 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eToro is the most recommended forex broker for new and pro traders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that any bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete
  6. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals NOW and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete